There are moments when an old habit or attitude creeps
back into my life.
Those times catch me by surprise, causing me to choke on my breath.
Somehow I thought I was finished with those ways.
The only purposeful response is to point myself back in the
direction of the King and become His subject once again.
The 5 verses found in the link above reveals an action plan
to wrangle the tendency to resort to old ways
thus fleeing the Way.
The first truth to remember is that God give more and more
Isn’t that radical?
The amplified version says in brackets that this grace is the power
of the Holy Spirit to meet this evil tendency and ALL OTHERS FULLY.
There is not one evil intention or willful sin that God’s grace will not
With this life-changing knowledge, give this action plan a try.
- Be humble and watch His grace abound. Rid yourself of pride,
it is in opposition to God.
- Be subject** to God. By submitting to God, you become his willing subject upon
whom His grace can be placed.
- Resist the devil. Stand firm and watch the enemy flee.
- Come close to God. God will come close to you.
- Take an honest inventory of your life and get clean.
- Draw near to God in deep heartfelt repentance.
- Humble yourself. God will lift you up.
**subject (v.) *to bring under control or dominion *to arrange under, to subordinate *to submit to one's control *to yield to one's admonition or advice *to obey, be subject subject (n.) ~one under authority ~one who lives in the territory and enjoys the protection of and owes allegiance to a sovereign power or state. Subject is a military term meaning "to arrange [troop divisions] in military fashion under the command of a leader". In non-military terms, a voluntary attitude giving in, cooperating, assuming responsibility, or carrying a burden.