Check out my 2007 Reading List. Tell me what books you are reading or have read already this year. Have you read any of the books on my lists? Thumbs up or down?
The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson( I just finished this book after it was recommended to me…it is a very quick read…some would call it brain candy. It was very fun to read although I didn’t like all of the characterizations, I still enjoyed it.)
- A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury ( I am one of the few that hasn’t read everything she has written but I am anxious to dig in.)
- A Sweetness to the Soul by Jane Kirkpatrick ( recommended in a comment from my friend Cheryl)
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (I promised Carlen I would read this when her english class was reading it…that was in the fall…I have always wanted to read it but for some reason I just haven’t gotten my groove…but I am halfway now and hope to finish by the end of spring break.)
- A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers
- Sacred Thirst: Meeting God in the Desert of our Longings by M. Craig Barnes (this book was given to me by a friend and it was her favorite book during one of her terms at George Fox…another one I am anxious to read.)
Why? by Anne Graham Lotz(This is one of my new favorites…it is such a small powerful book asking all the why questions that we tend to have during life’s challenging seasons using the story of Mary, Martha and Lazarus as the backdrop to coming to a new understanding about our everpresent and ever faithful God!) Blessed Be Your Name: Worshipping God on the Road Marked with Suffering by Matt and Beth Redman(If you love the worship song, you will enjoy finding out more about the basis of the song.) Sacred Obsession by Becky Tirabassi(The theme of this book is “what you chase after, you become.) This woman has such a tremendous passion for God and a passion for our young people to get real, get rid of the junk that is robbing them and us of an abundant life with God.)
- Saving Graces by Elizabeth Edwards (I don’t know why I feel really drawn to Elizabeth Edwards maybe because what comes across so clearly to me is that she is a woman deeply in love with her husband and she loves being a mom and she has endured hardship…I can relate on all accounts.)
- The Journey Home: Finishing with Joy by Bill Bright (I have read sections from this book and it has been deeply thought provoking and inspiring to finish this walk of faith well.)
- Coming up for Air by Margaret Becker
- Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado (I need to finish this one)
- Girl Meets God by Lauren Winner (I am so intrigued by this book. In a nutshell, it is the memoir of a jewish woman and her journey to Jesus…I can’t wait!)
- Writer Mama by Christina Katz (Help for those balancing the joyous clamor of motherhood and writing)
- Velvet Jesus by Rob Bell
- Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
- Get Out of the Pit by Beth Moore (I have been listening to some of the teaching that came from this book and I need to read the complete text.)
Well, I think I better get reading, don’t you think? Although as you can tell, I tend to have more than one book started at a time…a bad habit, I know. It’s a pretty ambitious list and you see how heavy it is on the nonfiction end….but if you have some must reads in the fiction category, I would be more than willing to replace a nonfiction book or maybe even two!
Oh, the promise of the contents of a book…is there anything more lovely!